Pages

July 15, 2011

Mickey Shaped Pizzas Marilyn's Side of the story.

While I love to cook, on busy days I want something easy. I love to be able to just pull something out of my freezer that I have made previously for just this type of night. I ran across a blog that had a recipe and directions for making Pizzas that you partially pre-bake, freeze and then pull out and pop it in the oven. Yum!  (You can find more information and the recipe on Everyday Food Storage  here.) I couldn't quit thinking about that pizza. I told my partner in crime, a.k.a. Charlene (Agent On The Loose) all about it. We have cooked freezer meals together before and she is used to me saying, "We just HAVE to make this!". We make a great team in the kitchen. I like the cooking part and Charlene likes the organizing/cleaning part. :)  I believe it was Char who came up with the idea of making a very special pizza and then posting about it on our blogs. Make sure you go over find her post about the pizzas here! No one can tell a story in quite the same way and I think you will enjoy reading her post too!  Now for the making of the pizza!

  We gathered the needed supplies.

The ingredients weren't hard to find.
Since the recipe makes a very large batch of dough for the crust we divided the ingredients in half and made it in two batches. I loved using the mixer because I didn't have to kneed the dough by hand!
This is why I said this pizza was special.  We made one of the pizzas in the shape of Mickey Mouse! Talk about fun!
Here is is all hot and bubbly right out of the oven.
It didn't take us long to cut into it so we could see if this was what I call a "Make Again" type of recipe.
What do you think? Was it a "Make Again" recipe? You bet!!!  We had a blast working together in the kitchen, and our families enjoyed the pizza. Such a deal!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Love the double post! Now go link up to all the "foodie Friday" posts!!! Great job!

Michele Moore said...

That is so fun! I want to make Mickey pizza! Better yet I want to make Mickey pizza with you and Char! I bet you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

Michele