Pages

October 18, 2010

The Writer's Stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios

One of Disney's Hollywood Studios hidden secrets is the Writer's Stop coffee shop. This little shop was not listed on the official park map on my last visit, but you can find it on Commissary Lane next door to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant. I do not enjoy coffee, I am more of a diet Coke kind of gal, but I love to stop at the Writer's Stop. You may be thinking why is that?
Is it because I can find souvenirs, books, and a few things for my kitchen? Is it because on a hot day at the park the air conditioning feels wonderful?
No! It is because of the Carrot Cake Cookies! Yes, there are other confections sold here to eat along with a cup of coffee or soft drink, but the Carrot Cake Cookie is at the top of my list of yummy snacks to find at Disney's Hollywood Studios. When you walk up to the counter don't be alarmed if you don't see it among the other goodies in the display case. I don't know why, but they are encased in a white paper bag, so you might not see them at first glance.
Once you purchase the cookie and a drink you can usually find a nice quiet place to sit in the Writer's Stop to enjoy every bite! The moist carrot cake type cookies are sandwiched between a smooth and rich cream cheese icing. I usually think the best part about carrot cake is the cream cheese icing, and this cookie had a perfect ratio of icing and cookie.
This is a large cookie! It is a perfect size to split with a friend as I did when I enjoyed it's yummy goodness. It is a bargain at $2.95 and when I was there it was even included as a Snack Credit on the Disney Dining Plan. On a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the top, this rates as a 5 with me!

3 comments:

Michele Moore said...

Ok, I am thinking I should have stuck with you and Shawn! Because the motion sickness I got after riding Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster, and Star Tours back to back was not nearly as fabulous as that cookie looks.

It is definitely on my snack list for next year. I cannot wait! 2 weeks of snacks, 4 people in my family, means 52 DIFFERENT DELICIOUS SNACKS!! Can we just go now? :0)

Great blog post lady!

Charlene said...

This is one of my favorite little hiding places at DHS - sitting in the comfy sofa feels fabulous!

cindy said...

WOW i need to add that to my list of must get snacks the next time I am there! Maybe you could split it with me! ~Smiles~